Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Changing Clubs

Why did I start drinking again those other times? If it feels so good to be finished with the wine, then why would I start again? Three years ago I stopped for three months. From May to August. I felt incredible. I lost weight. I was free. What triggered me to start again?

Last year same thing. Stopped in May. Lasted around a month, until my friend and I were sitting on my deck, she was having a rough time with life, and I asked Husband to bring home some wine - because somehow the wine was going to help. Didn't help me.

I must be 100% on my guard for triggers. Friends. Stress. Boredom. That feeling you get when you are overtired, when you feel as though the world is out to get you and why can't I have that glass of wine? I have to always remember the reasons I stopped. Freedom. Money. Clarity. Happiness. Health. Today is day 16 and I have saved a minimum of $160. If I include Husband who has cut back 60% - I think it's at least a family savings of $225 in 16 days. That's a lot of cash.

Imagine a year without Wine. $3,650.00 - just from me. I think I can do it.

Changing from the Wine Club to the Sober Club. I used to hate it when I found one of those members. They make you feel uncomfortable about having a glass of wine, because you yourself know you will want more than one glass.

That's me. The boring one holding the glass of water.


1 comment:

  1. It funny, I am a money person, in the sense that, I like to calculate various numbers to see how I've saved, invested, etc. I haven't calculated how much money I've save not drinking, but I know it a pretty penny. Love your story even more.

    ReplyDelete