Friday, December 9, 2016

Fighting a Cold on a Frisky Friday - PPF too!

I've been drawing a flurry of storefronts. When you look up you see history. A store that sells condoms on the street level, and 19th century above.

Today I am definitely falling victim to a bad cold, so I will post a couple of photos.

One is the Condom Shack in Toronto, which always makes me smile.


The other is a beautiful old row of buildings in the old section of Hamilton across from Gore Park. Rumour is that they are slated to be demolished.


Have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had started a new blog, Lois! So I'm glad you left me a comment today. I had noticed that I wasn't getting any updates from your blog so I clicked on your blog and discovered why! Sounds like everything is going well for you and that's just great! I really like your architectural sketching. A lot! Wonderful depictions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant "I clicked on your profile"

      Delete
    2. Hi Debra! I did stop writing for a while, and then started this one as my sobriety blog, but it is ending up being just like the old blog, without wine and more art. :) Glad you stopped by to visit.

      Delete
  2. I like your storefronts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are delightful, the second being my fave. Your journals must be very interesting. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous... love the condom shack... I remember Robson street in Vancouver had one and my friend and I walked by with our young daughters they were so excited about the balloons... lol Now 30 she is telling me it was rubber rainbow condoms. My friend and I were trying to dissuade these little girls from going in without getting into detail..Great buildings!! Great to record these places while they are still there!!

    Hugs Giggles

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete