Friday, December 2, 2016

Paint party Friday - Hibernation, and Walking into the Future

I don't get sad in the winter.
If anything, I look forward to the time to look inwards, to do a 
mental or creative check-up of sorts.
The busy growing season of spring and summer 
take over my life.


So we have reached the time for meditation. For inner-work.
For long baths in the evening and warm fires.
Hibernation.


And my finished Cameron Street house - 
I would love to have oodles of money so I could rescue some of these old beauties.

The weekend brings [yet another] visit to Toronto. 
This time with my Eldest Son - soon to be a Father.
What a mental stretch this is for me - I was Mother and he was Son for so long.
Big, beautiful changes coming. 

This weekend will be a time for us to walk away our old ways,
to make way for the new.

Next phase of life.

16 comments:

  1. That first piece is so gorgeous.... I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the hibernation painting..I too sort of hibernate keeping close to home and crocheting, reading, baking. I think there is a lot to be said for slowing down and taking care of ourselves happy ppf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Our bodies need this down-time I think.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work, love your winter thoughts I should adopt them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps to tolerate winter, but wow Toronto can be dark down-town with the shade of the buildings!

      Delete
  4. I like winter and hibernation too, really pretty pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful artwork...I love winter too for similar reasons!! The Cameron house is gorgeous with colour!! Wishing your family wonderful new changes!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I really love your art. Congratulations on the new baby. This will change your life. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, life-changing for sure. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Lovely art! I understand how you feel about winter. Congrats on upcoming grandmotherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to think of winter. I must adopt that attitude as i do tend go get down during those long cold days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband does too... I might get him a SAD lamp...

      Delete